Yesterday we ran our first playtest since moving over from our Combat Prototype (made in LÖVE/NodeJS) to our proper new code base (Unity/Photon). It was pretty amazing to see you guys have so much fun already in the tiny, feature-deprived build we gave you. If you could not be part of the test, check out the recordings and streams listed in the forums.
Today we’ve spent our morning collecting feedback and planning our next steps. We’ve decided to move to a more frequent release schedule (probably bi-weekly) and to add a staging environment and a mandatory QA phase to our release pipeline to ensure that the upcoming builds are properly tested and low on bugs.
We’ve also decided to re-order our development roadmap a little bit. Here’s an overview - this is of course subject to change and very general the further we look into the future.
- improve server performance
- improve collision to be more detailed
- fix all known bugs
- finish environment assets
- improve central logging & tracking
- re-introduce prototype features: damage feedback, server-side view angle, foot steps, bushes, targeting UI, skill-recast ui
- implement 3rd party tool for account management
- bring back prototype audio
- implement new skill system & more skills incl. angular selectors and self-targeting
- particle effects for skills
- design and implement a proper user interface
- more armor & weapon tiers (visuals only)
- mobs & base AI
- player stats
- player progression (XP, skills)
proper game audio & music
- world editor
new (bigger) world map
We’ll keep you update on our progress in this blog and through regular patch notes. Subscribe via RSS to get the new posts delivered to your inbox.